What are cookies?
A cookie is a small amount of information that’s downloaded to your computer or device when you visit certain websites. We use a number of different cookies on our website, including strictly necessary, performance, advertising, and social media or content cookies. Cookies make your browsing experience better by allowing the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login and region selection). This means you don’t have to re-enter this information each time you return to the site or browse from one page to another.
What cookies do we use and why?
Some cookies are necessary to allow you to browse our website, use
its features, and access secure areas. The use of these cookies is
essential for the website to work. We also use functional cookies to
remember choices you’ve made or information you’ve provided, such
as your username, language, or the region you are in. This allows us
to tailor your website experience specifically to your preferences.
The functional cookies we use include:
- User-centric security cookies
- Multimedia content player session cookies (flash cookies)
- Load balancing session cookies
- User interface customization persistent cookies
We use reporting and analytics cookies to collect information about how you use our website and how often. These cookies only gather information for statistical purposes and only use pseudonymous cookie identifiers that do not directly identify you. The performance cookies we use include:
- First party analytics cookies - We use these cookies to estimate the number of unique visitors, to improve our websites and our merchants’ websites, and to detect the most searched for words in search engines that lead to a webpage. These cookies are not used to target you with online marketing. We use these cookies to learn how our websites and our merchants’ websites are performing and make relevant improvements to improve your browsing experience.
- Third party analytics cookies - We also use Google Analytics and other third-party analytics providers listed below to help measure how users interact with our website content. These cookies “remember” what our users have done on previous pages and how they’ve interacted with the website.
- Advertising cookies are used on our website to tailor marketing to you and your interests and provide you with a more personalized service in the future.
Social and Content cookies are placed by many social media plugins (for example the Facebook ’like’ button), and other tools meant to provide or improve the content on a website (for example services that allow the playing of video files, or that create comments sections). We integrate these modules into our platform to improve the experience of browsing and interacting with our websites. Please note that some of these third party services place cookies that are also used for things like behavioral advertising, analytics, and/or market research.
How to control cookies?
You can control and manage cookies in various ways. Please keep in
mind that removing or blocking cookies can negatively impact your
user experience and parts of our website may no longer be fully
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can choose whether or not to accept cookies through your browser controls, often found in your browser’s “Tools” or “Preferences” menu.